Sunday, August 28, 2011

Waves

My sorrow floods over me and rushes me into Katie.  My sadness collides with my love for her.  I gasp and breathe her into my being.  I am grateful Katie is my daughter.  Blessed by her presence in my life.  I smile.  Then I remember.  I cry.  My loss and love tumble me in the waves.  I am caught up in the under current.  The wave is the moment and the ocean is eternity.  The moment takes form and shape as a wave; then returns to the ocean; into eternity.  The loss; this moment; is now, but my love for Katie is constant; consistent like she is, like the surf.  The ocean repeatingly forms into waves then returns into the cohesion of the water.  My sadness washes over me, smoothing my broken, jagged edges.  Polishing me, making me beach glass.   I love you Katie infinity times infinity.  You are wrong.  I love you more.     

No comments:

Post a Comment